With hand sanitisers selling out everywhere and in great demand, why not consider making your own? We did! Using the below recipe we created the perfect non-alcoholic safe homemade hand sanitiser. With the oils we already had in our cupboard, we created a simple effective hand sanitiser that smells so good it’s not even hard to get the kids to use it!
Safe homemade hand sanitiser recipe
The best thing about making your own is that you know exactly what’s in it. Below we’ve shared our non-alcoholic, chemical-free recipe. Try it out, we know you’ll love it as much as we do.
Ingredients + Equipment:
- Spray bottle
- Sterile water
- Aloe vera gel
- Your favourite essential oil. We recommend eucalyptus, lemon, orange, rosemary, lavender (whatever aroma you wish to use)
- Fill spray bottle ¾ full will sterile water
- Add 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- Add 10 drops of your essential oil. If you want to add multiple oils add 10 drops of each.
- Attach spray dispenser top securely and shake well to mix thoroughly.
Let us know how our safe homemade hand sanitiser recipe went for you. Did you find it easy to make? What oils did you use? Have any tips or additional ingredients to share with us? We’d love to hear them.