When we take on new NDIS Participants to assist them with their home cleaning, many are not sure of what our cleaners can and can’t do. In this blog post we answer the question ‘what’s included and not included in my NDIS cleaning?‘.
What we can do
Firstly, let’s talk about what our cleaners can do. If your plan includes Home & Living, funds have been allocated to help you live independently in your home, and this includes assistance with home cleaning. Our cleaners can assist with:
- Thorough clean of your home including internal rooms and outdoor areas such as patios or verandas.
- Our cleaners will vacuum and mopping floors as well as wiping surfaces of dust.
- Clean your kitchen including stove, oven and appliances.
- Clean bathrooms including toilets, showers, baths and floors.
- Including spring cleaning of pantry, wardrobe or fridge.
- Assist with decluttering and organising contents of your home.
- Assist with general laundry tasks such as loading/unloading washing machine or hanging out/bringing in washing.
- Stripping and changing bed linen.
- Clean easily accessible internal windows and sliding doors.
What we can not do
Occasionally Participants ask our cleaners to help them with other home duties, and although we aim to be as helpful to our clients as much possible, there can be hazards and risks associated with certain requests. Common things our cleaners get asked about but are not able to do, include:
- Drive and drop Participants off to another location.
- Run errands on behalf of participants.
- Clean windows externally on 2nd stories .
- Bond cleaning. We understand Participants may move homes, however if the property is currently being rented, we do not offer bond cleaning.
- Some participants would like to give a copy of their home keys to cleaners so they can let themselves in on days they won’t be home. We recommend a safe storage lock box option instead, where the keys are kept inside a locked safe kept around the property and the cleaner can access keys via a code.
- Cleaning participants cars – our cleaners are insured to clean homes, if an incident were to occur and the car was damaged eg scratched paint the insurance would not cover the damage caused.
Additional Services YHHS can do:
We can also assist with organising for our Participants other additional services depending on their situation, their plan and funding and the scope of the work. Services such as:
- Professional cleaning of your carpet, couches and mattresses.
- We can organise drop off and pick up of a skip bin for larger decluttering work.
- We can pick up and deliver to your home larger bulky items such as furniture or equipment.
- Organise general pest control for your home.
The above additional services are outsourced to local professionals who have the appropriate equipment and insurance to assist with requests.
We share more tips on how you can work better with your cleaner or gardener in another blog post here.
If you are an NDIS Participant or assist someone with managing their plan, we are a registered NDIS Provider and we help you or your clients with home cleaning or garden maintenance services. If you have a question about our services or have a question about something you need assistance with wondering if we can help, send us email at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here for more information about us.